About us - facilities

About us Facilities...

© 2017 Falcon Lodge Chapel

Front and rear views of the new Chapel building taking shape in 1962 around the original Nissen hall.

Accessibility

There is a single low step at the front door access (wheelchair ramp available), but once inside the building, all rooms are inter-connected on one level with no internal stairways or ramps.  Wheelchairs are available for use on the premises,

An induction-loop amplifier is installed for anyone using a hearing-aid to switch over to the ‘T’ position for improved sound quality.

About us -

Falcon Lodge Chapel

Reddicap Heath Road

Sutton Coldfield

B75 7ES

The lower half of the front façade with porch canopy dates from 1953 when the first Gospel Hall was erected on the site. This brick-built frontage housed toilets, small kitchen (now the church office) and another small meeting room. Beyond that led into the main meeting hall which was an ex-RAF timber Nissen hut. This was our main hall between 1954 and 1963 when the present Chapel was built, almost entirely by the volunteer labour of members and friends.

In 1970, additional rooms to the rear of the main Chapel were built, adding much-needed extra space for all the children’s and youth  activities and larger kitchen.

The present building remains structurally unchanged from 1970’s although many of the rooms have been adapted and re-equipped for today’s needs. Over recent years we have made further improvements including a professional standard kitchen plus a small café area furnished with bistro tables and chairs and hot drink facilities. A separate comfortable lounge is ideal for small discussion groups and meetings.

Further refurbishments completed in 2016 have significantly upgraded the rear room originally designed as a youth hall. The revised accommodation now incorporates new windows, lowered ceiling and improved heating and lighting.

 

[click to continue reading about us-next page]

Falcon Lodge Chapel

A small church with a BIG heart...

Sharing the love of God

in Falcon Lodge since 1954

logo