Chapter 174 [Day 357]: Wednesday 10 March
SNIPPETS FROM THE QUILTING ROOM
Morning everyone – (today’s email is composed by Karen)
Snippets from the quilting room!
This week I thought I would share some of my thoughts and observations from the past week and give Wesley a rest - he has had a birthday after all! I have included some of the Bible verses that have been my verse of the day this week and it is lovely to see how they have suited the various situations this week. I hope you are blessed by them.
Wednesday started with Wesley’s birthday. I should have expected things to happen given my daily Bible reading for that day. It was:
Luke 6 v38 - Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.
I had ordered afternoon tea as a birthday surprise. I am not sure who got the surprise, or rather shock, when I saw the volume of food. Generous is an understatement! The food was amazing so if you want afternoon tea delivered to your door, we know a really good local café. We were still eating cake on Monday. I am thankful though that it didn’t end up in our laps.
Thursday started off with a funny encounter with a squirrel. As we stood in the kitchen, a squirrel came over the fence and started digging around in my tubs of bulbs. I went out and had a word with it. I had just got back in and his little face popped up over the fence, saw I had gone in and went to the bulbs again. I went out again and had a sterner word. Again, as soon as I had gone in, he popped up. This went on for a while. Needless to say, the squirrel won!
Hebrews 12 v14 – Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy. Without holiness no one will see the Lord
The last two Saturdays we have watched a couple of amusing Christian films, ‘Heavens to Betsy’ and ‘Heavens to Betsy 2’. If you get the chance watch them, the first is a little bit crazy but the message is good.
Betsy dreams of being a children’s author. She writes books about her cat, Wishes. All through her life she has prayed. As a child, she prayed for a blue bike, she prayed for others and for her sister when she was dying, and she has prayed to become a successful author. None of her prayers were answered. Then one day, after shouting at God in the church she went to, all her prayers were answered, every one.
I’m not going to tell you what happens, you’ll have to watch the film if you can. You just sign up to the free Christian TV channel RedeemTV and browse to Family movies >>> https://watch.redeemtv.com/browse
The message of the films though is that we should put our trust in God for all things. If our prayers aren’t answered then our request wasn’t right for us. It wasn’t in God’s plan for us. He knows best.
My favourite singer is Garth Brooks. He sings a song called ‘Unanswered Prayers’. The song sums up the message of both films. >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GuA5PZx3K4
Philippians 2 v13 – God is working in you, giving you the desire and power to do what pleases Him.
If we let God work in us, our prayers will reflect God’s will for us.
Have a great week ahead and I may be back next week
· Barbara Tough thanks everyone for their cards and birthday wishes last Sunday.
· Massage from Chloe Hauton, John Abbott's granddaughter. - I'm sure you're aware that recently I started a GoFundMe page for a friend in Pakistan, and the response was absolutely fantastic. There were so many people from Falcon Lodge who responded that I wanted to personally send a big thank you to everyone involved and thank them what their contributions have done for the community in Pakistan.
MAKE YOU THNK:
· Our eyes remain the same size from birth onward, but our noses and ears never stop growing.
· You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
· Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
· When the moon is directly overhead, you weigh slightly less.
· "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
· "Bookkeeper" is the only word in English language with three consecutive double letters.
· The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English alphabet.
· China has more English speakers than the United States.
· Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body. If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to 30 feet long in his lifetime.
We’ll be in touch again on Sunday morning with a ‘virtual’ service for Mothers Day.