DAY 33: Monday 20 April
Good morning everyone
I have struggled for inspiration for today’s email so am grateful that Linda Lord has (again) come the rescue with all of today’s content -
Famous quotes about the Bible:
It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible (George Washington)
The Bible accounts for the supremacy of England (Queen Victoria)
I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from the Saviour of the world is communicated to us through this book (Abraham Lincoln)
The Bible is no mere book, but a Living Creature, with a power that conquers all that oppose it (Napoleon Bonaparte)
The New Testament is the very best book that ever was or ever will be known in the world (Charles Dickens)
THE WILL OF GOD
The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot keep you,
where the arms of God cannot support you, where the riches of God cannot supply your needs, where the power of God cannot endow you.
The will of God will never take you where the Spirit of God cannot work through you, where the wisdom of God cannot teach you, where the arms of God cannot protect you, where the hands of God cannot mould you.
The will of God will never take you where the love of God cannot enfold you,
where the mercies of God cannot sustain you, where the peace of God cannot calm your fears, where the authority of God cannot overrule for you.
The will of God will never take you where the comfort of God cannot dry your tears, where the Word of God cannot feed you, where the miracles of God cannot be done for you, where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.
Everything happens for a purpose. We may not see the wisdom of it now, but trust and believe in the Lord that everything is for the best. (Author unknown)
1. You shall not worry for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
2. You shall not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
3. You shall not carry grudges, for they are the heaviest of all life's burdens.
4. You shall face each day as it comes. You can only handle one day at a time anyway.
5. You shall not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor bedfellows.
6. You shall not borrow other people's problems. They can better care for them than you.
7. You shall not try to relive yesterday for good or ill; it is forever gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life and be happy now!
8. You shall be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own.
9. You shall not become "bogged down" by frustration, for 90% of it is rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive action.
10. You shall count your blessings, never overlooking the small ones, for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.
MAKE YOU SMILE:
There is a plane carrying five passengers: Nicola Sturgeon, Boris Johnson, Donald Trump, The Pope and a 10 year old schoolboy.
The plane suddenly starts to go down and is about to crash. There are only 4 parachutes on board.
Nicola Sturgeon says "I have to live, I have the Scottish Independence to sort out" and takes a parachute and jumps.
The Pope says "I have to live, I have to sort out the Catholic Church" and takes a parachute and jumps.
Donald Trump says "I have to live, I'm the smartest man in America" and grabs a parachute and jumps.
Boris Johnson looks at the 10 year old boy and says "you have the last parachute, I'm a lot older than you. I've lived my life but yours is just beginning".
The 10 year old schoolboy says "don't worry Mr Johnson, there are 2 parachutes left, the smartest man in America just took my school bag".
No other news for today, so stay safe and stay encouraged (and pray I’ll have something to share with you tomorrow!)
Here’s a Hymnalong suggestion for today >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5m6uuH-NIg