DAY 9: Friday 27 March LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE
Good morning all
“Arise, my people! Let your light shine for all to see. For the glory of the Lord rises to shine over you. 2 Darkness as black as night covers all the nations of the earth, but the glory of the Lord rises and appears over you.
The national and international news is a mixture of negative and positive.
· In some places the number of new coronavirus cases seems to be falling whilst elsewhere, including here in the UK, numbers are still rising.
· Businesses are closing with workers laid off but it is lovely to see family units walking together and playing in the park
· The NHS is under enormous pressure but the nation came out at 8pm last night to applaud the NHS workers. Around here there must have been scores of people on their front drives and there were even some fireworks
· Church buildings across our land are closed for worship, yet thousands of Christians are spending more time praying and God is stirring the hearts of our neighbours who see the light of Christ shining in us through these dark days
Whilst we must all continue to take great care to avoid unnecessary exposure to the risks, yet we can rest in the assurance of God’s promises –
‘BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD…. I AM THE LORD THAT HEALETH THEE’
· We now understand that Chris & Katie expect to be on a flight from New Zealand leaving Sunday via Singapore so they should be back home by Monday. Please continue to pray this will happen and they will get back home safely.
· Pray for Ciaran who, as you all know, suffers from underlying health problems and is finding the current self-isolation regime rather stressful
· Correction to yesterday’s names of people ‘confined to house’. It’s not Alan but Maureen who has been ordered to stay in. So, for them, a special Hymnalong for today – join in >>
Whilst many of you have been in touch in appreciation of these daily emails, please remember the 20% of our church members who cannot receive email so can consequently feel more isolated. So we need specially to contact, support and encourage them until we can all meet together again.
TO MAKE YOU SMILE -
· If you thought training a dog was hard work, try getting humans to sit and stay! (Tim Vine Facebook site)
· Plan ahead – it wasn’t raining when Noah began to build the ark
· Before I tell my wife something important, I take both her hands in mine. That way she can't hit me.
FROM ACTUAL CHURCH NOTICES
· The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement on Saturday
· This being Easter Sunday we will ask Mrs Lewis to come forward and lay and egg on the altar
· For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs
· Don’t let worry kill you – let the church help
Enjoy the rest of your day – it’s due to get colder from tomorrow so do whatever outside jobs you can whilst the sun shines today.
Wesley & Karen