A Christian is someone who…
· has recognised and acknowledged that their own nature has pursued after their own desires and ignored God.
· admits that in pursuing their own self-centred way, they have rejected God’s wish for their lives to be better
· through rejecting God, they have become separated from their Creator and will one day have to face the eternal punishment and damnation for all they have done
· has no way of their own to bridge the gap that has opened between them and God
· God loved so much that He sent His own Son (Jesus Christ) to suffer their punishment of death for their sin when He died on the Cross of Calvary
· by acknowledging their sinful nature and accepting Christ as Saviour, their sinful record is wiped clean before God and they are forgiven
· to be truly forgiven they have
1. Admitted their sin
2. Been willing to repent (turn from their old way)
3. Believe that Christ died and rose again for their forgiveness
4. Invited Christ to come into their life and take over control
· has prayed something similar to the following
Dear Lord Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness.
I believe that You died for my sins.
I want to turn from my sin.
I invite You to come into my life.
I want to trust and follow You and the Lord and Saviour of my life.
· is now a new person in Christ — Born again!